Monday, January 23, 2012

Old & New...


Well I am 47 now…
It seems like certain things are a bit more in focus…
Beautiful days, dark hours, magical moments or ugly moments…
Are all more meaningful once one shares them…
I was born with the "creative" genes…
I have to be honest, becoming an expert in one area never occurred to me…
It seems like tough I know little bit of this and that…
Trust me that is a problem too…
“What do I want to become when I grow up?” is a question etched in my brain…
What is really the description of success?
Yet it seems like I have done somethings since graduation…
Tons of applause, many compliments… and few failures along the way…
My cup is full, sometimes overflew, at times it seemed empty…
In my quietest moments…
When I did not have to prove anything to anybody…
I now have to ask,  “What do I enjoy the most?”
My fatherhood, my ever studentship, my desire to solve the human condition, my cooking, and the ritual of sharing what I cook with others?…
But I love mostly the conversations that happen around the dinner table…
It is time now for me to take these pleasures and collect my thoughts…
Not call them a project or job, and start my journey…
Where will I sleep, where will I anchor my boat?… 
I do not know at the moment…
Yet I feel it is time to do this for me & for me only…
I do not fit any formulas… not for the longest time now…
I want to document my journey
Old friends and new, old and new dishes, my motherland and my habitat, old and new conversations…
Will I be able to catch up with my-self?
This is not a departure yet more of an arrival.
I am excited….

MO-XO

PS: It's soup weather!
 

No comments: